Get Connected


Sunday, February 27, 2011

SG Day 5: A Day with the Animals in SG Zoo

It's our last whole day out in Singapore. We were actually deciding the night before on where we head to for our  very last tour. Our options were Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari and the Snow Town and Techno Park.

We picked Singapore Zoo, since it's the easiest for us to reach and explore knowing that we won't have any guides to assist us. We were given some instructions by Aimee (our transient host) to take a bus to Ang Mo Kio station and then from Ang Mo Kio we board another bus headed straight to the Singapore Zoo. That seems to be easy and we made our way to the zoo in no time.

Lining up for Bus 138
The travel took us around 45 mins to an hour. There isn't much traffic and our journey was straight forward.

We arrived at the zoo just in time for lunch.

So we head to the food shops to get something to eat. I had siomai and rice.

My Lunch

There's really so much to see in the zoo! We walked around and also ride the tram when we get tired. Here's the photo dump of the different animals we encountered around the zoo. All in all it was fun to see them!

After a day at the zoo we took a refresher for our sore feet at the Fish Spa station!

The day at the zoo was really entertaining and fun. We decided to cap off our night with a dinner at Clark Quay.

We head to Stonehouse restaurant and then had 1 dollar ice cream for dessert. I ordered Beef Gyudon served in a steamingly hot stone grill.

The 1 Dollar Ice Cream
It was a great night and what a way to end our trip in Singapore. We met a few more friends and had more exchanges of stories and photo ops. It's definitely a fun-filled five day trip that I will really cherish. As there are still more sights we haven't been to, I promised myself I will come back!

On the next day, our day of our flight, we get up early and prepared our things. It was time to bid our host good bye and for being so nice to accommodate us and assisted us through our stay.

Breakfast @ Mcdo

Waiting for our boarding time

Sitting comfortably

The bag of goodies tucked under the seat

We went to the terminal in a quick 30 min taxi. We decided to get breakfast and some pasalubong before heading to the Gate.

Oh how time flies when you are having fun! And finally my SG blog is almost done. I'm only left with the itinerary and post-accounting write up! Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I love reading them so type away: