Saturday, June 9, 2012

To the Mountains of Banaue

Coming from a trip to the beach in Central Visayas, I came back to Manila, only to pick up another bag and start packing for another trip. This time to the mountains of Banaue, north of Manila.

I have no idea what's in store all I know is I would finally get that chance to see one of the world famous wonders - the Banaue Rice Terraces! It was known to be the 8th Wonder of the World.


We arrived in Banaue early in the morning and had breakfast at Las Vegas Cafe. It's not really the Las Vegas you would think.


After the fulfilling break, we head to take the jeepney that will take us further up the mountains. Along the way there are picturesque view so we would stop once in a while for photo op.



And finally, I'm in awe to see the Banaue Rice Terraces!




We rested for a bit and stayed at Mang Ramon's Hut. After lunch we went to trek going to the falls. It was one of the most tiring trek ever! But the sight and cool waters of the falls was refreshing.




I wanted to swim but I'm just too tired after the trek...haha!


After that tiring trek, we went back to our hut and had some merienda. The weather in Batad is very mild and cool, I got myself the known mountain coffee.


Further into night we just stayed in our huts to rest. Our feet and body were aching but it was all worth it. In the evening we had dinner and went straight to bed. We are leaving the next day for Sagada.



Before leaving, I put on the traditional Igorot clothing for photo op.


This is the jeepney we took from the saddle point going back to Banaue.


From Banaue, we travelled thru highways to Mountain Province then to Sagada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I love reading them so type away:

Labels

australia (7) bohol (7) boracay (8) busan (8) cs manila (9) seoul (9) south korea (9) travel (30) travel tips (4)

It's Spring time

Hello there, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Oh well, today I have been busy with making another travel video.  Youtube...