Sunday, June 12, 2011

Celebrating Freedom Thru Outreach

Today is the 12th of June 2011, it's the 113th anniversary of the Philippine Independence. Mabuhay my fellow Filipinos!

I have no plans for this day until recently.

Surprisingly, this day turned out to be a great one to spend with a bunch of wonderful CS'ers. Archie, one of the CS Manila moderators has organised a charity event together with Marthe, a CS'er from Belgium. We spent a day at Tahanan Sta.Luisa, teaching, playing and interacting with the girls. It was such a humbling experience.



There were games, art and drawing session, dancing and puppet making.



I was really glad to have been able to do this kind of activity with CS Manila!

Backtracking to one year ago, around June month as well was the time we went up the mountains of Pula to help build a playground for kids. I now reminisce the time we experienced all the adventures and fun interaction we had with the kids of Pula. These kids deserve more!

Really thankful I've been part of these events...and so much looking forward to doing more of these in the not so distant future! :D


More info about Tahanan Sta.Luisa is found here!

PS: Photos grabbed from Floyd and Kate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I love reading them so type away:

Labels

australia (7) bohol (7) boracay (8) busan (8) cs manila (9) seoul (9) south korea (9) travel (30) travel tips (4)

It's Spring time

Hello there, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Oh well, today I have been busy with making another travel video.  Youtube...