Saturday, May 23, 2020

Covid Diaries: Can't wait to hit the road

Good news for us in NSW, announcement were made last week that starting 1st of June, regional travel will be allowed within NSW, in the governments attempt to boost tourism.

This is a good sign. And with the Queen's birthday long weekend I'm sure most people have started planning their travel.

I for one, have looked into where we might head to for a quick road trip. Yup, just a road trip for now. I am currently looking at the road trip to Moss Vale and Southern Highlinds, just above 2 hrs drive from Sydney. Overnight and multi day holidays would have to come later. I guess, we can say it's mostly safe now, but we know that the virus is still in the community and we can't still be complacent, so have to be careful.

On the other hand, yesterday, I was able to go out and walk around again for some breathe of fresh air around the neighbourhood. I haven't been out much because it was too cold, we are approaching tail end of Autumn. June is the official start of winter season.

I cooked adobo yesterday. I missed this a lot and seeing my family cook the same last week, made me think of cooking it as well. For some of you who don't know, adobo is one of the popular Filipino dish. Very simple to make but has also got different version depending on people's preference. My Ilocano side prefers it oily and dry. And my Bisaya side prefers it with a little bit of sauce, whew nice to pair with steaming fresh cooked rice.

Yesterday, I haven't done much aside from cooking adobo I just did some check on my budget and keeping track of my bills. It's the time of the month.

Lately, I've also been looking into what hobbies I can start and keep me busy during this pandemic, aside from the usual office work of course. So was looking into getting a mini sewing machine and I might try my hand at making masks or whatever my mind and creativity takes me to! Wish me luck :)

I guess that's if for today. I will keep you posted should I pursue my sewing hobby...

Today, I leave you with the photos I took from yesterday's walk.

Airey Park



Play ground at Airey Park

Spot the "bin turkey" up the tree

There's my adobo for lunch. Yum!


Keep safe,
K






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I love reading them so type away:

Labels

australia (7) bohol (7) boracay (8) busan (8) cs manila (9) seoul (9) south korea (9) travel (30) travel tips (4)

It's Spring time

Hello there, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Oh well, today I have been busy with making another travel video.  Youtube...