Saturday, May 30, 2015

Last Minute Summer Getaway @ Aquaria, Calatagan, Batangas

It was an early morning travel for our yearly company outing. Heading to Aquaria, Calatagan, Batangas, is a 3.5 hours land travel in our comfy bus. We left around 6.30 am and arrived before 10am just in time to get ourselves prepped for a whole day of rest and relaxation.

Summer day is not yet over!

Playa Calatagan Entrance. We're finally here!
The travel was smooth, though you might require one toilet stop. haha!

It was just a day tour and since I didn't fancy going tanned again, I just settled myself relaxing by the beach and enjoying the breeze and food (of course!). It would have been nice though if I brought something to read as it was a nice day to just sit around and rest.

Beach front lined with trees
Aquaria is fairly new by the looks of it. Our group was settled at the far end of the beach. Although the beach looks nice, there were some water lilies or plants, I'm not sure, along the side of the beach which could look unpleasant, at least for me.

All smiles while enjoying the nice summer breeze

Anyway, just thought I'd share for now what I think of the place.

The pools and slides look nice but there are so many people there as well. It could be too crowded too as there are other companies having their outing that day.

There's only a few shower room and toilets along the beach that is accessible to us. So I'm glad I didn't have to swim as it could be very inconvenient when changing up and getting shower as you need to line up. The shower rooms are too warm, and yes because it's summer and too crowded, it is hotter than expected.

Some of the cabanas along the beach are not available for us to use, only for the members. That's fine, but I hope there were other cabanas available for guests too or picnic tables. I'm glad we still got one picnic table available to be used, but I would assume that was for members use only.

On the good side, I enjoyed the lunch served - rice (of course!), beef caldereta, chicken fingers, steamed shrimps, sauteed baquio beans with bits of ham and fried tilapia. I was full and wish I could have more shrimps to eat haha!

But merienda wasn't that good. The pansit palabok tastes bland so I didn't finish it. I also had a ham sandwich.

Overall, I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't too hot that day and we are settled in a nice cabana by the beach so to enjoy the fresh air. But that's me.

Too hot to stay at the picnic table!
Aquaria is found in Playa Calatagan. Passing through Sta.Rosa exit all the way through to Tagaytay.

Beach lined with some plants along the shoreline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I love reading them so type away:

Labels

australia (7) bohol (7) boracay (8) busan (8) cs manila (9) seoul (9) south korea (9) travel (30) travel tips (4)

It's Spring time

Hello there, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Oh well, today I have been busy with making another travel video.  Youtube...